lunes, julio 24, 2006

Le Flaneur


I must be crazy or I’m getting used to this Paris situation. I walked back from the d’Orsay, stopping once near the Beaubourg for some cheese and wine in an American-style cafeteria that promised air-conditioning – just a bit of relief and I could sit down. Surprisingly, there are not that many places one can sit – other than the many outdoor cafés and I pick and choose those occasions with care. I then made it to the Internet Café a few blocks from the apartment and uploaded my blog postings. A side trip to the Monoprix (my local supermarket) where I bought something for supper and climbed the stairs to the apartment and dozed off until about 9. Dinner was a tasty Carbonara and an Escarole salad – really great. I was thinking of a pre-bedtime stroll but I just don’t have the energy. Paris life is really work.

Tomorrow is Saturday and the archives are closed until Monday. I was thinking of a trip to Versailles but the heat wipes me out – I need to be indoors and in air-conditioning. Perhaps the Louvre will do. I really have so little human contact – I might even take a tour to get to meet some people. Maybe that would be a good idea for Sunday.

No hay comentarios: