viernes, julio 21, 2006

Figaro et l’aventure de mes pantalons


This morning I did my laundry.

I accidentally placed my clothes in a machine already occupied.

I left the Laundromat to sit on a shady bench.

When I returned, a frantic Canadian thought that his clothes were stolen.

While waiting for the wash and dry we chatted.

I learned he was staying at the Hotel Beaumarchais

And was departing at noon for Iceland, on his way back home.

When I folded my things, I realized that I had not brought my khakis.

But they were not in the room.

Off to find the Hotel Beaumarchais

And avoid buying new slacks

The receptionist had not heard of any Canadian traveling with his mother

But I decided to wait anyway.

A few minutes later

The Canadian and (certainly not his mother) emerged from the elevator

My pants restored and neatly folded.

No hay comentarios: